Very often the night is the most difficult and important time of the day in the life of people with psoriasis. During the day you can control yourself and refrain from scratching plaques, and at night this process ceases to be controlled and you can do to your skin a lot more damage than during the day. Peeling plaques leaves blood spots on the bed and may lead to even greater inflammation.
Also, scratching the skin during sleep can trigger the disease spread through the body of the patient (Koebner phenomenon) and thus worsen the condition.
In addition, lack of sleep and poor sleep worrying interfere with the proper functioning of the nervous system and lead to stress, which in turn provokes the exacerbation of psoriasis. Thus, patients get into a vicious circle – the more severe form of the disease, the worse the sleep, the worse the sleep, the more difficult the illness.
- During sleep it is recommended to wear gloves made of cotton fabric in order to not have much opportunity to comb psoriatic plaques;
- At night you can apply dressings with healing moisturizers containing natural remedies for psoriasis that will help to protect the skin and facilitate the process of removing the scales under the morning shower;
- Taking of antihistamines (medicines preventing or eliminating the symptoms of allergy will help to relieve the itching and will have widespread effects, improving the quality of sleep - before taking drugs you should consult with a doctor;
- It is necessary to eliminate the use of alcohol, which causes acute condition and badly affects the quality of sleep;
- It is recommended to exclude caffeine and caffeinated products;
- It is necessary to follow the sleep mode, since the body needs to know when it’s time to relax.
It is important to set the proper sleep mode. This is also a great treatment for psoriasis. It is necessary to sleep at least eight hours a day, go to bed at the same time, and pre-ventilate the room. It is also recommended daily 2-3 hours walk in the fresh air. It calms the nervous system, deepens sleep.
Although psoriasis is a condition of the immune system, there are variety of triggers that can cause it to appear. One of those triggers is stress.
Some people with psoriasis find that weather can cause changes in their symptoms. So not to look for treatment for psoriasis, there are several techniques you can use to control flare-ups.
On a Clinical efficacy study that we made with a Dermatologist specialized with skin problems, we came to the conclusion that...
Very often the night is the most difficult and important time of the day in the life of people with psoriasis.
The cure for psoriasis is a general term that comprises a range of drugs for this disease that can facilitate living with psoriasis but has no power to ultimately cure it.